It gets better with age!
With the 2017 release, AutoCAD moved to a flexible subscription model, making new features available with each release and product update. If you’re on a perpetual license of AutoCAD 2016 or earlier, here’s what’s new in AutoCAD 2019.
AutoCAD 2019 includes specialized toolsets and functionality for architecture, mechanical design, 3D mapping, and more, and the latest feature updates. Take your work with you with the new web and mobile apps. Enjoy the flexibility of accessing any DWG with AutoCAD on any device— desktop, web, or mobile.
• DWG™ compare: View and document the differences between two versions of a drawing or Xref.
• PDF import: Import geometry (SHX font files, fills, raster images, and TrueType text) into a
drawing from a PDF.
• Attach/extract point cloud data: Attach point cloud files acquired by 3D laser scanners or other
technologies to use for your designs.
• Save to web and mobile: Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on AutoCAD web
and mobile apps.
• High-resolution monitor support: View your designs on 4K- and higher-resolution displays.
• New views and viewports: Easily add saved views to your layouts.
• Shared views: Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for viewing
• Off-screen selection: Selected objects stay in the selection set, even if you pan or zoom off screen.
• New feature highlighting: Quickly see what’s new in each release.
• Autodesk desktop app: Get alerts and install software updates without disrupting your workflow.
• 2D graphics: Better stability, fidelity, and performance.
• 3D navigation performance: Up to 10x faster.
• Save, move/copy performance boost with new 2018.dwg file format.
• User interface: Flat-design icons and intuitive, common dialog boxes and toolbars.
• Autodesk App Store and 600+ exchange apps.
• The TrustedDWG™ file format.
Speed your work with specialized functionality & libraries. When you subscribe to AutoCAD 2019, you get our
toolsets for architecture, mechanical design, electrical design, and more.
• Automate floorplans, sections, elevations, and other drawings.
• Draw piping, plumbing, and ducting for faster design with mechanical tools.
• Design ductwork, electrical conduit, and circuiting for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical with MEP.
• Access libraries of symbols, parts and detail components.
• Automate the creation of annotations, layers and properties.
• Easily create details and views from 3D models, and schedules, lists and tables.
• Create rules-driven workflows to enforce standards throughout the design process.